Friday, April 13

Craft On! {Crocheted Baby Boy Cap}

Look at the cute little cap I whipped up for Little 'A' :)

After making all the baby boy hats for our friends, I realized I didn't make MY baby boy one! So last night I made this little number. I'm pretty pleased with the way it came out too. We officially tested it out outside today & the brim does a fine job of keeping the rays out of his face.

And for the first time ever in history, I wrote down the pattern! Well, not so much wrote down as 'took mental notes'...
Bear with me here folks, this is the first time I've written a pattern. I have a habit of just 'going with the flow' & crossing my fingers that it works. I'd say 8 out of 10 times I'm not cursing myself for it. Not bad if you ask me, which technically you kind of did when you came on my blog, just sayin'...

I used Lion Brand WOOL-EASE, Worsted Weight Yarn in (194) Denim Twist with an I/9 - 5.5MM Hook. This size is for 3-6mo. But you can always adjust it by using a smaller/bigger size hook & adding or removing a row.
ch-Chain
st-stitch
sc-Single Crochet
hdc-Half Double Crochet
dc-Double Crochet
tr-Triple Crochet
sl st- Slip Stitch
blo- back loop only

Row 1: in magic ring, dc 11, sl st to join.
Row 2: ch 2, 2dc in each st, sl st to join (22)
Row 3: ch 2, 2dc in same st as joining, dc in next st, *2dc in next st, dc in next st, repeat from * around, sl st to join (33)
Row 4: ch 2, 2dc in same st, dc in next 2 sts, *2dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts, repeat from * around, sl st to join. (44)
Row 5-8: ch2, dc in same st & each st around, sl st to join. (44)
Row 9 & 10: ch 2, dc in blo of same st, dc in blo of each st around, sl st to join. (44)
Row 11 (brim row): sc in same st, sc in next 10 sts (11 total), hdc in next 3 sts, dc in next 3 sts, 2tr in next 10 sts, dc in next 3 sts, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in final 11 sts, fasten off & weave in ends.

Again, that right there is my first attempt at writing a pattern, let me know if you have any problems with it. And let me know if you make something :) I would love for you to use it, but please give my site credit for the pattern.


1 comment:

  1. How amazing that you made a pattern! I have to follow patterns step by step, I can't seem to see where they are going until I am done.
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete

Why Hello there, Darling/Sir :)
Can't wait to hear what's on your mind.
Type away, Friend, type away~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...